ETHICAL GAMES CONFERENCE
- Submit a paper or a flash talk to the first Ethical Games Conference happening online on January 11-12, 2024: Ethical Games Conference 2024
- Regarding accessibility: Game Accessibility Guidelines / Able Gamers / Accessible Games / Can I Play That?
- Regarding diversity and inclusion: IGDA Foundation / Raise the Game / I Need Diverse Games / Women in Games / Gay Gaming Professionals / POC in Play / Latinx in Gaming / Pixelles Montreal / Game Advocacy / Hier Spielt Vielfalt & their diversity guide / More resources on Ukiepedia
- Combating disruptive behavior: Fair Play Alliance / Raising Good Gamers
- Regarding design ethics: Ethical Game Design (in construction) / Humane by Design / Dark Patterns / Designers Ethiques (in French)
- Regarding mental health & emotional support : Take This / Games Hotline
- Regarding the environment: Playing for the Planet / Game Dev Climate Network
- Regarding Data Protection: CNIL
- The Ethics of Computer Games, by Miguel Sicart
- Ethics in the Video Game Industry: A Mythbusting and Scientific Approach, by Celia Hodent
- To prevent toxicity, design games with community management in mind, by Alissa McAloon
- Report provides ethical ways for devs to monetize games, by Emma Kidwell
- Video: A practical game dev guide for doing ethical playtesting (Mia Consalvo)
- Ethics 101: Designing Morality in Games, by J. Matthew Zoss
- Dark patterns in the design of games, by J.P. Zagal, S. Björk, C. Lewis
- Behavioral design in video games: A roadmap for ethical and responsible games that contribute to long-term consumer health and well-being, byA. J. van Rooij, M. V. Birk, S. van der Hof, S. van Hilten
Guidelines for the benefit of players and the overall game community:
Community & Events
- How can participants submit anonymous information?
- What actions will be taken by game publisher or organizers?
- How will conflict be resolved?
- How will victims be involved or notified of resolution?
Find an example of a code of conduct here.